The professional school counselors serving Key Biscayne K-8 Center believe:
• All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in post-secondary success
• The Counseling Program addresses the “head and heart” of students - essential to academic, personal/social and career success
• Students’ developmental needs are best met by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program that aligns with national, state, and local standards
• Data collection and analysis drive the school counseling program goals for promoting student achievement
• Counselors act as leaders at the school and district levels to create systemic change that benefits our students
• Counselors advocate for equitable access to resources and opportunities to meet individual students’ needs by fostering strong school, family, and community partnerships
• Counselors promote a safe, welcoming, and inclusive school climate that values and respects the diverse cultural identities represented in
• Counselors manage, plan, deliver, and evaluate the school counseling program in collaboration with an active school advisory committee made up of parents, staff, students and community members, all of whom understand our students’ needs
• Counselors’ participation in professional development activities is essential to maintaining a quality school counseling program
• Counselors abide by the principles of ethical behaviors as outlined in ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
Key Biscayne K-8 Center students are high-achieving learners who strive for academic excellence. Supported by a deliberate and comprehensive school counseling program, all students attain self-directed personal growth in order to become well-rounded individuals who are responsible and act with integrity. All students are encouraged to pursue individually challenging post-secondary opportunities, including the pursuit of higher education, rewarding careers, and healthy work/life balance. All students leave Key Biscayne K-8 Center well-prepared by the counselors to make positive contributions to our diverse community in the 21st century.
The Mission of the COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL COUNSELING PROGRAM at Key Biscayne K-8 Center is to address the academic, personal/social, health/wellness, community awareness, and career development of all students in a sequential process. Students are encouraged and challenged to identify individual uniqueness, understand multicultural diversity, attain maximum academic potential, and acquire effective social/communication skills to compete in a global economy. The ultimate goal of the program is for students to graduate with the competencies necessary to be able to make self-directed, realistic, responsible decisions and to be successful contributors to society.
La Misión del PROGRAMA DE CONSEJERIA ESCOLAR de KBK8 Center es reconocer las necesidades individuales, sociales y académicas de los estudiantes; expandir su conocimiento de la importancia de mantenerse saludables; enriquecer la apreciación de su comunidad y ayudarlos a desarrollar destrezas que los preparen para sus carreras en el mundo del trabajo. Los estudiantes son motivados a que identifiquen sus caracteristicas individuales únicas, demuestren un entendimiento de la diversidad cultural, lleguen a alcanzar su máximo potencial académico, y adquieran las destrezas sociales y de comunicación que les permitan competir en una economia global. La meta final del programa es que los estudiantes se gradúen con las competencias necesarias para tomar decisiones responsables y se conviertan en ciudadanos que contribuyan positivamente al bienestar de nuestra sociedad.